Use this routine to cool down after a workout to gradually relax, improve flexibility and slow your heart rate.
These gentle stretches should take about 5 minutes. Spend more time on them if you feel the need.
Buttock stretch – hold for 10 to 15 seconds
To do a buttock stretch:
1.Lie on your back and bring your knees up to your chest.
2.Cross your right leg over your left thigh.
3.Grasp the back of your left thigh with both hands.
4.Pull your left leg towards your chest.
5.Repeat with the opposite leg.
Hamstring stretch – hold for 10 to 15 seconds
To do a hamstring stretch:
1.Lie on your back and raise your right leg.
2.Hold your right leg with both hands, below your knee.
3.Keeping your left leg bent with your foot on the floor, pull your right leg towards you keeping it straight.
4.Repeat with the opposite leg.
Inner thigh stretch – hold for 10 to 15 seconds
For the inner thigh stretch:
- Sit down with your back straight and your legs bent.
- Put the soles of your feet together.
Holding on to your feet, try to lower your knees towards the floor
Calf stretch – hold for 10 to 15 seconds
For the calf stretch:
- Step your right leg forward, keeping it bent, and lean forwards slightly.
- Keep your left leg straight and try to lower the left heel to the ground.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
Thigh stretch – hold for 10 to 15 seconds
To do a thigh stretch:
- Lie on your right side.
- Grab the top of your left foot and gently pull your heel towards your left buttock to stretch the front of the thigh.
- Keep your knees touching.
- Repeat on the other side.